Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Evelynn - Agony's Embrace

I'm sure this suggestion has already been made elsewhere by plenty of other people but I wanted to make a post throwing my own opinion behind a change to this ability.

Simply put, it needs to have a base damage that it does if the % current health is too low.

The fact that Eveleynn can't use her ult and finish someone off at 10 health is to me ridiculous.  As far as I am aware there are literally no other abilities, let alone ultimates, which do only current health damage and have no base damage to speak of. So, I believe we should add something to Eve's ult so that it does some damage even if the enemies current health is very low

It could look something like this:


Agony's Embrace
  • RANGE: 650
  • COOLDOWN: 150 / 120 / 90
  • COST: 100 mana
Agony's Embrace
ACTIVE: Evelynn impales all enemy units in target 250-radius area, dealing magic damage equal to a percentage of their current health(100/150/200) damage minimum) and slowing their movement speed for 2 seconds.
  • MAGIC DAMAGE: 15% / 20% / 25%(+ 1% per 100 AP) of enemies' current health
  • SLOW: 30% / 50% / 70%
Evelynn siphons their pain, gaining a shield that grows in strength for each enemy champion hit and lasts up to 6 seconds.



  • SHIELD STRENGTH PER CHAMPION HIT:150 / 225 / 300
  • MAXIMUM SHIELD STRENGTH: 750 / 1125 / 1500










The underlined part is what I myself added to the ability.  Essentially it would be like a Mundo cleaver, that it does a base damage if the damage it would normally do is lower than the base.  It wouldn't affect the ability at higher health but would make it at do at least some reasonable damage when the target is very low.

I wouldn't say that this is a necessary change for Eve's viability so much as something I believe should be done in terms of spell balance.  An ultimate should not do 15 damage to someone just because they have 100 health left in my opinion.  And this change wouldn't buff her ultimate in other situations, just in the ones where it shouldn't do the low damage it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment