Monday, April 29, 2013

Towers - Change Their Damage

I think that at the moment tower damage is somewhere close to where it should be.  It's high but manageable early on if you position yourself well and juggle keeping aggro.  It's somewhat lackluster late game but if it wasn't there would be more problems with turtling than there are.

There is one thing that's kind of bugged me about towers though since I started playing LoL.  And that's that MR has nothing to do with how much damage towers do.

I understand that the damage turrets do are considered the tower's basic attacks and do increasing physical damage.  However I don't see why they can't be changed such that MR matters both so that MR helps with towers and that you can't only stack armor and ignore turrets.

I other words, while I do like that resistance can make turret damage negligible, I think that it should be resistances not armor alone.  MR is already hard to get at the moment, not having a high MR iconic item and having somewhat awkward secondary stats/effects that don't work for everyone.  This change would make MR items more desirable despite their odd stats.

An example change might be to make tower attacks do half physical and half magic damage and use the same penetration for both types of damage.  They would do the same amount of damage overall to someone with more balanced resistances but would do more damage to someone who only stacks armor but less damage to someone who only stacks MR as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment